About Lee Jones
I believe the degree to which our humanity is recognized, honoured, supported and celebrated is the degree to which we will rise to face challenges, stretch ourselves to fulfill our inherent potential, gain competency in skills, and make authentic, productive connections in personal, community and work relationships.
I am a volunteer management professional. I am passionate about cultivating the potential people hold in their work, volunteer and personal lives through professionally designed and implemented volunteer programs.
Cultivating and harvesting the potential people hold in volunteering, work and their personal lives has long been a passion of mine. My volunteer career began at the age of 14 as a youth advocate for people with developmental delays. My volunteer career continues today as co-founder and Chair of the Canadian Cancer Society's Research Information Outreach Team, an initiative which I am proud to say has inspired teams in Toronto, Kingston, Ottawa, and Montreal.
I have found a great deal of fulfillment creating, or managing, or growing volunteer programs for Habitat for Humanity London, Canadian Cancer Society (Elgin-Middlesex Community Office), and the Hamilton Naturalists Club.
My work in professional volunteer management has lead to the development of my skills in drafting policies and procedures. I have drafted policies and procedures for Habitat for Humanity London, the Hamilton Naturalists Club, Regional HIV/AIDS Connection and London CAReS.
Education and Accomplishments
- Honours B.A. in Sociology, Western University
- Fundamentals in the Management of Volunteers Certificate, Humber College
- London and Area Association of Volunteer Administration (LAVA) - President
- CTI Coach Training Program, Coaches Training Institute
- Certified Manager of Volunteer Resources (PAVRO)
- Recruitment and Retention Workshop - PAVRO Conference 2015
- Certificate in Project Management - Western University
- "Enhance Volunteer Program Efficiencies with a Volunteer Engagement Team," Canadian Journal of Volunteer Resources Management issue 23.3 Efficiencies for Managers of Volunteer Resources, December 2015.
- Volunteer Management Manual - Edited for Pillar Nonprofit Network, 2012
- 2010-17 Co-founded and Chair Research Information Outreach Team - Canadian Cancer Society
- 2016 CCS Inspirational Achievement in Volunteer Leadership Provincial Award
- 2015 CCS Community Impact Award for Volunteer Leadership
- 2017 Canadian Volunteer Awards, Regional Application Reviewer